Monday, March 30, 2009

It's been a busy week, so I am catching you all up on my last few days of training.
Tuesday- rode on the road for 25 miles at 22-24 miles per hour.
Wednesday- 2 hr. MTB ride in North Port with the guys. Fortunately, the big gator was hiding this week!
Thursday- 35 mile MTB ride at Alva with my friend Rob. He showed me the new trail they just cut. It was riding really nice considering the very dry conditions.
Friday- day of rest!
Saturday- 25 mile road ride- went to meet the Cycle Haus guys. They went by me-I got on the back of the pack. Their pace was 30-31 miles per hr. so I backed off as my hard day for riding is Sunday in the woods.
Yesterday- After the rain stopped, I met Russ at Boyette. We rode for 2 1/2 hrs. off road. The trail conditions were a little bit sloppy but rideable. Some of the quadrant trails were in great shape as they are sand based. It was a fun ride. We had the pace cranked up for most of the ride. Some of the turns were sketchy due to the wet conditions, but we came out in one piece!
Today- 45 minute recovery road ride. I did notice the traffic is terrible now due to spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment